Senior Graphic/Web Designer
Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Fully Remote
Compensation & Benefits: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. Professional development & excellent benefits for employees.APPLY NOW
Do you love being involved with the design strategy for clients in a variety of industries while simultaneously working with a crew of creatives, researchers and executives? Are you fascinated by emerging research in the science of how the brain makes decisions? Just how much of a dopamine rush do you get when you tick off another clump of to-do’s?
At Next Step, you’ll be a part of a fast-growing, Behavioral Science-driven marketing agency. You’ll assist with our clients’ marketing design needs such as web design, brand identity, presentation decks and a variety of digital and print marketing collateral such as placement ads, brochure design, trade show event assets and more.
Take a look at the following personality traits. Do they sound like you?
You’re constantly seeking to learn. High energy plus an eagerness to enhance your design skills means there’s no stopping you from always taking your talents to the highest levels.
You tend to look at situations and things you see in a unique way, constantly seeing the beauty and feeling inspired by what you see every day.
You’re able to handle delicate situations with grace. You have an interest in working with social impact groups who are making our world a better place, and are eager to help them grow and succeed.
Your positive attitude is contagious. Clients and internal team alike love interacting with you. You’re easy, competent and are constantly looking out for other people’s best interests.
You would need to:
- Support our client success team with a variety of design projects, with each client having their own unique needs
- Lead our small team of designers, provide feedback to ensure we are delivering the highest quality designs
- Lead and participate in design presentations with clients
- Typical projects include:
- Creating beautiful website and landing page designs
- Designing marketing assets and collateral pieces (e.g. tradeshow graphics, direct mailers, email newsletters, etc.)
- Designing visually appealing presentation decks for client sales and executive team
- Developing social media, print and digital advertisements with client branding in mind
- Assisting with Next Step design needs which can include website design updates, executive deck / sales deck design, sales collateral design, etc.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or related field
- Experience in graphic design, web design, page layout, typography, UI design, and branding (minimum of 3 years)
- Proven ability to multitask, proactively solve problems and cheerfully meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (listening, negotiating, writing and presenting)
- Experience working directly with clients, presenting your designs and communicating your design decision making process
- An excitement around psychology and marketing (we realize Behavioral Science is an emerging field so we’ll invest in educating you on the fundamentals)
- Knowledge of Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Microsoft Powerpoint
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Asana, and Salesforce a big plus
Benefits? What benefits? Daily cheer, plus all the normal good stuff.
- Flexible work from home opportunities
- Team happy hours
- Quarterly Celebrations
- Team breakfasts once a week
- (For employees) Health, vision, dental
- (For employees) 401k
- (For employees) Profit-sharing
- (For employees) Paid time off