Senior WordPress Developer
Type: Temporary/Contract: 15-25 hrs/week, parental leave coverage (October 2022 - February 2023)
Location: Remote (must be in U.S. time zone)
Compensation & Benefits: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent.APPLY NOW
Do you love building out new websites and website features in a variety of industries, while simultaneously working with a crew of creatives, researchers and executives? Are you fascinated by emerging research in the science of how the brain makes decisions? Just how much of a dopamine rush do you get when you tick off another clump of to-do’s?
At Next Step, you’ll be a part of a fast-growing, behavioral science-driven marketing agency. You’ll assist with our clients’ website and support needs such as creating new web-pages, updating existing websites, building out new features and more.
Take a look at the following personality traits. Do they sound like you?
You’re constantly seeking to learn. High energy plus an eagerness to enhance your design skills means there’s no stopping you from always taking your talents to the highest levels.
You tend to look at situations and things you see in a unique way, constantly seeing the beauty and feeling inspired by what you see every day.
You’re able to handle delicate situations with grace. You have an interest in working with social impact groups who are making our world a better place, and are eager to help them grow and succeed.
Your positive attitude is contagious. Clients and internal team alike love interacting with you. You’re easy, competent and are constantly looking out for other people’s best interests.
You would need to:
- Lead our development team
- Work closely with our designers, project managers, and Client Success team to ensure client development needs are met
- Typical projects include:
- Building out custom WordPress websites for our clients (installing theme and creating a child theme)
- Building out a new website function (e.g. installing a blog, adding a Careers section etc.)
- Creating custom PHP templates
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in HTML, CSS, custom WordPress
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 3 and 4
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Microsoft Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills (listening, negotiating, writing and presenting)
- Proven ability to multitask, proactively solve problems and cheerfully meet deadlines
- An excitement around psychology and marketing (we realize Behavioral Science is an emerging field so we’ll invest in educating you on the fundamentals)
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, page layout, typography, UI design, and branding a big plus
Benefits? What benefits? Daily cheer, plus all the normal good stuff.
- Fully remote, work from wherever (in U.S. time zone)
- Team happy hours
- Quarterly Celebrations
- Team Off sites in fun locations like Hawaii & Mexico