Part-time/contract: 20-30 hrs/week, with potential to become full-time
Location: Remote Position.
Competitive Pay, Professional Development & Excellent Employee BenefitsAPPLY NOW
Does this sound like you?
You’re giving us a serious look because you like that we’re one of the few agencies in the nation that applies research in behavioral science to help companies grow. You’re interested in people and what makes them make certain decisions. If we could look at your listening/reading history, we’d probably find more than a few podcasts on understanding and optimizing behaviors, motivations and attitudes.
You fed your passion for empirical user research through qualitative and quantitative research. You may or may not have applied these insights outside the laboratory, but you’re definitely interested in leaving the ivory tower behind and influencing what happens in the real world.
The idea of making a tangible, meaningful difference for growth stage tech startups & non profits makes your feet tap a little faster. You’re also excited about the idea of collaborating with other researchers and seeing your insights come to life through a team of designers, copywriters, marketers and project managers.
People describe you as organized and reliable. You have an awesome track record for meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects at once. Is your heart racing yet? You may be one of us.
Your day to day:
Every day is different depending on the project and objectives, but you can expect to support our UX and Behavioral Science projects in the following ways:
- Evaluating data, understanding target metrics, differentiating between product knowledge, intuition, and assumption.
- Performing qualitative research: Designing interview guides and completing interviews with our client customers and prospects.
- Assisting with quantitative research: Supporting the design and building of both large and small scale randomized control experiments of rigorous quality.
- Gathering, analyzing, and communicating scientific research.
- Generating solutions for client challenges based on scientific literature and through participating in brainstorm and prototyping sessions.
- Creating polished presentations that cogently communicate our research results, insights and recommendations.
- Enhance Next Step’s user research competency by improving our research best practices and infrastructure.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology etc.) and/or 1-2 years experience in user experience research.
- Familiarity with UX design best practices.
- Experience with qualitative research methodology and tools, such as
- 1:1 interviews
- Statistical analysis tools such as R, Python, or SQL
- Observational research
- Experience eliciting insights from design, behavioral, and/or market research to inform product or process decisions.
- A big plus if you have:
- Experience applying user research in a marketing context
- Experience with quantitative testing tools, such as Qualtrics
- Experience working in cross-functional teams is a plus
What we need:
If this sounds like a good fit to you, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter.APPLY NOW